Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers could grab two-thirds of the market

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 May 2014, 08:30 AM Agree 0
An aggregator head has predicted broker market share will swell well beyond 50% in the years ahead
  • Troy | 09 May 2014, 09:16 AM Agree 0
    Couldn't agree more, remembering the USA got to 80% pre GFC. New lenders and hopefully a batch of new young brokers will see it get to 60% over the next 5 years.
  • Clarke Kent | 09 May 2014, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    I tend to agree with this prediction. There is greater consumer acceptance of the value add the broker channel provides but lets not forget the Banks' are engaging people with no experience for the front line with limited knowledge and sales skills which does not help their cause.
  • Papery | 09 May 2014, 10:25 AM Agree 0
    Did I miss the fan fare when we hit 50%???
    Last I heard we were at 47%.....
  • Positive Broker | 09 May 2014, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    I agree Gerald. And it also great to see an industry leader trumpeting the broker proposition. Lets get the message out about the fantastic service we all provide.
  • Country Broker | 09 May 2014, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    Totally Agree , the market is sick of Home loan consultants employed by the banks who simply have no idea. Brokers care about their clients .
  • Coast Broker | 09 May 2014, 04:22 PM Agree 0
    I agree however the major Banks need to take some training from the other Lenders in how to service Brokers.
  • Old Broker | 10 May 2014, 07:29 AM Agree 0
    Great Article ....I predict as soon as brokers get access to technology to take clients out of the market we will get to 80%. The only thing stopping us is that I take 10days and CBA can do it 45Mins. Most borrowers i have spoken with over the years say that once they decide on the product and features they want the approval. I think it should be this for Vanilla borrowers. Watch this space. ..
  • David Tansek | 10 May 2014, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    I agree with analogy, and banks home lenders can and only offer what "THE bank Has"!, however they hold the gold, and make the rules. In my area clients are on Centrelink, have cash income and go through CBA and Westpac like hot cakes.
    Why aggregators even have them on panel, as they require "personal volume", and no good products...Maybe because it also fills aggregator pockets!
Post a reply