Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers to benefit from non-major's consumer site

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 04 Dec 2014, 07:34 AM Agree 0
A non-major lender has launched a new consumer website which they say will leave brokers more time to add value in conversations with clients
  • Chappo | 04 Dec 2014, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Great initiative St George. This will enable us to send more customers your way. Oh, hang on, we'll have to wait 48 hours for the simplest request to be processed through your system. No good attracting lots of customers if you can't provide the product and service!
  • Brett Mansfield | 04 Dec 2014, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    Looking through the site, there appears to be no reference to direct clients to "See your Mortgage Broker". All references are directing customers to first party distribution. St George could do more with this site to promote their major distribution arm - Mortgage Brokers.
  • chris | 04 Dec 2014, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    Chappo - 'enable us (Brokers) to send more loans to St. George ???? These online systems cut the broker out - the bank tries to upsell it to Brokers with smoke and mirrors but they want and direct the customer to apply online directly to the them - perhaps I've missed it but where is the button to request a broker?
  • Chappo | 04 Dec 2014, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    My point is that St George are spending their money in the wrong area. Their constant surveys and focus groups which provide feedback that their system doesn't work efficiently, seems to fall on deaf ears.
  • Mark | 04 Dec 2014, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    St.George???? The worst service, BDM non existent , no idea of FHOG process in WA, sorry you can keep your new website I won't be directing any of my clients your way.
  • Elena | 04 Dec 2014, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    If the new website goes the way of the broker one then the consumer will soon be able to raise their own case and wait 3 days while for nothing to be done! Feel for the BDMs at St George, they try to help but get let down time and time again by a poorly managed back in process.
    Elena WA
  • Grahame | 04 Dec 2014, 12:12 PM Agree 0
    My must admit that BDM response from St George is poor but their phone support is good and better to assist than the BDM who are usually training although I have not been invited to one yet.
  • Papery | 04 Dec 2014, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    Check the site out.....it is all about encouraging the client to apply direct to the Bank & opening up a marketing channel... Nothing about property comparison or responsible lending etc... There is not even a hint to a suggestion that a broker can also access a STG HLN for them.

And they have the GAUL to sprout on about it in this forum.
  • Melb Broker | 04 Dec 2014, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    Just registered. What an absolute joke. I can get this onfo on rpdata without it directing me to one of WBC offshoots. No Thanks!!!!
Post a reply