Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers warned to keep NCCP small business extension 'on their radar'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Jul 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
FBAA president, Peter White, is in talks with the government over the extension of NCCP into small business lending - and he's warning brokers to keep an eye on the legislation
  • Wes | 30 Jul 2013, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    Let's hope Rudd doesn't win.
  • Country Broker | 30 Jul 2013, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Simple answer , Rudd cannot win
  • Jeff Mazzini | 30 Jul 2013, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Increased skills and knowledge in todays market where clients are already undertaking their own research is vital for all those that advise. Government web sites are educating business clients already, so do not let the clients become smarter than you or they may vote with their feet. SMSF is a prime example over 900,000 trustees many doing their own things now. Disclaimer if you use AAMC Training to undertake education, I stand to profit from your decision.
  • Paul | 30 Jul 2013, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    It simply won't work, their one size fits all approach does not work with business applications. It will mean hours of extra paperwork for nothing and will definitely restrict credit for small businesses.
  • Casey | 30 Jul 2013, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    Why do government departments insist on getting involved and creating control points in areas of business they don't even understand?
  • Dan Isaak | 30 Jul 2013, 06:08 PM Agree 0
    I’m not sure who wants to keep their jobs anymore. Is it the industry itself? Or Government. Every time I open my email there’s a new discussion leading no where. People with egos wear a suit and think that qualifies them as industry authority. The continuous tinkering has made the industry a mockery. It suppresses me how many immature pen pushers there are, with their ridiculous & unrealistic wish lists. Read into it what you will. But if everyone knows what’s best, they will stop the crap. Soon even ASIC won’t have an industry to govern having traded themselves out of a job, no different to how our smart government have sold our Australian land to foreign faceless entities. It’s like everyone just doesn’t get it or care. Id welcome a public debate anytime to learn how where they have the continuous time to come up with crap, may I add, based on isolated issues. Life’s to short, go home and spend time with your kids, if you don’t have any, buy a dog, they make better friends then some of the people we deal with.. Get on with it guys
  • SIDBROKER | 31 Jul 2013, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    This will further damage business. When will leftie voting Australians realise that we have to have a Fed. Govt. that understands the very basic principle that without strong small business there will be no jobs for anyone especially themselves.
  • SIDBROKER | 31 Jul 2013, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    To Casey. The way I see it is that public servants are completely out of control and have built an industry based around themselves and their career ambitions. We the Great Australain People are simply pawns in with their life game of chess which is us and we are the pawns. Politicians are public servants from top to the bottom. Its not what the country can do for them its what they can do for the country and we the Australian Wonderful People.
Post a reply