Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Business strategist bashes brokers as outdated

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 28 Mar 2014, 08:35 AM Agree 0
A business strategist has predicted brokers will 'go the way of the milkman', but the mortgage industry has rubbished the claim
  • Old Country Broker | 28 Mar 2014, 08:58 AM Agree 0
    He went to the bank to talk to a mortgage broker in person. Does Mr McQueen even know what a mortgage broker is or does?? Probably had a deadline to meet to get an article in on time. Move on.
  • Keith of the West | 28 Mar 2014, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    Michael McQueen will be made redundant publishing rubbish like this article!.
  • Credit Advisor from SA | 28 Mar 2014, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    Last I checked, both Bankers and Credit Advisors (brokers) had to meet the client face-to-face. Skype meetings are an exception, not standard practice.
  • Time Wasting | 28 Mar 2014, 09:21 AM Agree 0
    What is this? Woman's Day magazine. Not worth reading this stuff
  • MCC | 28 Mar 2014, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    Woolnough is on the money - IP retained by brokers in relation to credit knowledge etc will ensure their survival. Its just a matter of making sure 'communication' with clients is offered through a number of options.
  • SIDBROKER | 28 Mar 2014, 09:48 AM Agree 0
    Mr. Queen, I would be happy to offer you a real job!
  • GC | 28 Mar 2014, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    I think McQueen needs to go the way of the milkman.

The younger genaration uses the internet to do relevant research only.

We are required by ASIC and Law to IDENTIFY the clients so we MUST see them in person. The banks require it and so do we. That will never change.
  • Bottom Line | 28 Mar 2014, 09:51 AM Agree 0
    "Last time he went to the bank to talk to a mortgage broker in person" - ROFL.

Who is the ingenious broker who's office is in a Bank Branch - that's offsetting costs
  • Coast Broker | 28 Mar 2014, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    So he goes into a Branch to see his Mortgage Broker. Maybe he means Home Loan Lender for that Bank which may become a thing of the past.
  • Mad Steve | 28 Mar 2014, 09:57 AM Agree 0
    Judging by the way newspapers are going it will be journalists that will be redundant in the future not mortgage brokers
  • EF | 28 Mar 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Transactional brokers maybe but not advisor/strategist type brokers. We will become more in demand. This guy needs to get a real job.
  • Sticky Tape | 28 Mar 2014, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Just another pimple on the face of humanity.

One day someone will/should bash his business and then hopefully - pop goes the weazel. Splat!

Nick off queenie. Stay out of our business.
  • Maybe | 28 Mar 2014, 10:21 AM Agree 0
    UBank (NAB) is making a huge effort to refinance our clients away from us, and trigger claw-backs on us. How they ID clients over the phone and get away with not meeting clients is a travesty.
  • mrs skybum | 28 Mar 2014, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Queenie how little do u know. Some people will do it themselves but the majority's will have less in time than they do now. So would prefer to let us professional do our job.
  • Alex SA | 28 Mar 2014, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Went to the bank to talk to a mortgage broker? Really knows his stuff. Suggest he keeps releasing this kind of garbage it's his phoney business that is close to redundancy
  • BJ | 28 Mar 2014, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    Whilst we may not agree with McQueen, the report which quoted him was poorly written.
    Having read the report, I must say it was far from “broker bashing” rather a gross generalization. I am unsure why we bother to comment and I question if his views are worthy of a second hand report and run again in the forum.
    Ed, I am sure there must be far more interesting stories for you to focus on, than starting what looks to be a hysterical outcry, but then again that may have been your idea.
  • Steve | 28 Mar 2014, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    I'm glad Michael can predict the future. Can you also ask him for some more specific share tips, sports results & when these hoverboards are coming out. I've been waiting for one of those since back to the future came out in 1985.
  • Michael | 31 Mar 2014, 10:46 PM Agree 0
    Queeny you are the weakest link GOOD BYE
Post a reply