Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Carbon tax fear: Broker warns of confidence woes

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 Jul 2012, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Fears over the financial impact of the carbon tax are likely to "weigh in on consumer confidence," according to one mortgage broker
  • Incognito | 17 Jul 2012, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    The carbon tax money doesn't 'disappear'.

Researchers and producers of hi tech products which to reduce carbon emissions get the money.

They will prosper in their new jobs and they'll need loans like everyone else.
  • Country Broker | 17 Jul 2012, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    none of the deals I have done for consumers in the past 2 months have seen any "anxious concerns" maybe regional Australia are a littel different or this is a beat up .
  • SteveOz | 17 Jul 2012, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    Incognito....REALLY? Read the fine print mate. Most of the $$$ goes to the UN to support so-called emerging economies. Those that compete againsout own.
  • Incognito | 17 Jul 2012, 04:43 PM Agree 0
    Steveo where do you get that (and your news?). "most of the carbon $$$ going to the UN to support emerging economies??"

I've never heard of that.

I will look closely for evidence and please in all honesty do the same
  • Lawry | 18 Jul 2012, 05:14 PM Agree 0
    Incognito- when someone can explain to me how taxing companies to get cleaner (which rips into their R& D budgets) vs just making pollution illegal and therefore forcing innovation (without reducing the R& D budget) is a good idea...then I will support a carbon tax
Post a reply