Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CBA sets record profit

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 14 Aug 2014, 07:23 AM Agree 0
The Commonwealth Bank has recorded a record cash profit for an Australian bank in the 2013/14 financial year
  • Mountains Broker | 14 Aug 2014, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    Would it be fair to say that with our banks continuing to record record profits year after year largely on the backs of broker introduced lending that they would now be in a position to return our trail fees to pre-GFC levels? I think 0.25% is not too much to ask.
  • Coast Broker | 15 Aug 2014, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Agree with Mountains Broker however I think it would take the third party channel using 2nd tier lenders and giving the majors a wide birth for 12 months. Then watch the Majors come chasing for business especially when the CBA say that 38% of their Home Loan business was written by the third party channel. I wonder how much of that 38% was written by Aussie Home Loans know that the CBA own 80% of AHL.
  • Coast Broker | 15 Aug 2014, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    Agree with Mountains Broker however I think it would take the third party channel using 2nd tier lenders and giving the majors a wide birth for 12 months. Then watch the Majors come chasing for business especially when the CBA say that 38% of their Home Loan business was written by the third party channel. I wonder how much of that 38% was written by Aussie Home Loans know that the CBA own 80% of AHL.
Post a reply