Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Charge by the job, not the hour: Intellitrain

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 27 Apr 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Intellitrain chief operating officer Andrew Hetherington has argued brokers should steer clear of charging for their services by the hour
  • Brad Quilty | 27 Apr 2011, 08:54 AM Agree 0
    I really do not understand the push to charge a fee for what I do. On an average 350,000 loan... The upfront commission is roughly 1700. I dont think I would spend more than 12 hours working on that deal before settlement. That is good compensation to me. Why would I then turn around and charge more to the customer for doing what I did? It really doesnt make sense. Who are the brokers that think they dont earn enough money for this ? In what other industry can you actually earn so much for so little work? I for one will never charge a fee....
  • Todd Hunter | 27 Apr 2011, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Good luck to the 30% who want to charge after they receive claw backs... good luck getting the money out of the client
  • Martin Castilla | 27 Apr 2011, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    I find it interesting that many of the commentators both pro and against FFS are themselves salaries employees. It's commission-based Brokers (I am one) who ultimately should decide. Not legislators nor CEOs etc., but the people most affected. When I've invested a few hours of my time with clients or potential clients it's ME who should have the option to charge a fee.
Post a reply