Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CHOICE denies double standards

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 Dec 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Consumer group Choice has defended the Big Bank Switch campaign, claiming money received was transparently revealed
  • ozboy | 13 Dec 2011, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    Of course he would as it appears he has a very limited understanding of the space he is currently in and let me give you an example: Mr Zinn states; "We just wish there were industry standards which were as transparent and as straight forward as that."

There are it is called the NCCP, may I with all due respect ask that you become familiar with it if you wish to continue to offer advise around mortgages.
  • David P | 13 Dec 2011, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Shame Choice Shame !!!
    I wonder how supportive you would have been if it was another organisation endorsing & profitting from the "Big Switch".
  • Big Joke | 13 Dec 2011, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Big Switch? Big Joke!! CHOICE should be ashamed....The People’s Independant Watchdog?? Zinn is dilusional - how can one remain independant when they receive "kickbacks" for promoting another business?? What's the old saying?....never bite the hand that feeds you.....and the high moral ground he takes about CHOICE is misleading - "We just wish there were industry standards which were as transparent and as straight forward as that.".....that shows Mr Zinn has little idea of whats going on as it's now compulsory to have agreements in place with referral partners and disclose commissions to clients.....potential customers of Big Switch should also be very careful that they are getting the right deal as there's many lenders with specials running at the moment so they could be selling themselves short if they don't get REAL lender choice. In this current market lenders are aggressive for business and offering discounts everywhere. It's time to stop the double standards and hypocrisy Mr Zinn - go back to being what your website promotes - "CHOICE is a trusted and independent voice working for Australian consumers"......
  • Mary | 13 Dec 2011, 10:47 AM Agree 0
    What a lot of garbage, maybe he needs to educate himself call ASIC they will guide you.
  • Dan | 13 Dec 2011, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    Crap advice?, what qualifications does Choice or thier affiliates have to provide complex credit and credit structuring advice? Credit advice is extremely important to get right and it needs to be tailored to 'Individuals', what are the creditials of the the advisors who provided consumers with specific advice on thier mortgages. What a discracefull performance from an otherwise very credible and worthy organisation...
    Sorry, a Hypocrite is a Hypocrite.
  • Broker | 13 Dec 2011, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    Everytime I hear that Choice word, I think of those Brandpower detergent adds, I wonder why that is?
  • Matt I | 13 Dec 2011, 12:17 PM Agree 0
    Clearly Chioce don't undersatnd that both the Planning and Mortgage Industires have to disclose comissions. It just goes to show how little they know about the industries they believe they are above. My prediction is the great brand Choice has will be destroyed in no time once they start having the complexities of being on the front line with the limited research they have clearly put into the two spaces.
  • Rory | 13 Dec 2011, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Mr Zinn, I encourage you to familiarise yourself with all aspects of the NCCP, before commenting further on industry standards. In fact the vast majority of the industry pride ourselves on putting our client’s needs first, regardless of legislation! It’s pretty clear you have little understanding on how the majority operate, much like many so called “industry commentators”. If you genuinely want to help Australian consumers get a better deal, how about you play the game with a straight bat and promote competition in the industry via channels that already exist. Mr Stace your comments border on slanderous and if you’re not careful you could find yourself on the receiving end of a lawsuit.
Post a reply