Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Choice links with Mortgage Ezy

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 Feb 2012, 02:30 AM Agree 0
Choice Aggregation Services has announced an expansion of its panel with the addition of Mortgage Ezy
  • Meeeeezy | 13 Feb 2012, 03:30 PM Agree 0
    I used MEZY several times in a past life when the deals were hard to get accross the line and having someone like a mortgage manager that has its own DUA, good funders and good range of products, was a very acceptable lender choice for some types of clients. Glad to have them aboard with Choice.
  • Harry Z | 02 Jul 2012, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    I have been with Mortgage Ezy for 4.5 years. I have to say hands down they are the worst borrower i have ever dealt with. They hike their interest more than anyone else when the RBA puts them up and reduce the least when they go down. When i changed from my previous borrower i was 0.75% lower now I am 0.75% higher. My wife still has a loan with the borrower I changed from. WARNING they will draw you in with initial cheap rates and when your're in they will go to town on you. Do yourself a favour and go with someone else.
  • CharlieG | 23 Dec 2012, 01:15 AM Agree 0
    I send the comment made by Harry Z. I got stuck with Mortgage Ezy for a full five years and have been gouged by them non-stop - a year ago I was being charged more interest than the big four banks. When I asked for a more competitive rate, they offered an insulting 0.01% discount. I went to the actual lender and complained, Mortgage Ezy came back to me with "we had a win with the lender, we'll give you 1% off". which brought my mortgage under the big 4 but still not particularly competitive.
    As of today they offering 6.09% variable rate on a professional pack, this is .2% less than my mortgage which is supposedly the pro-pack. I cannot wait to get away from this company.
    Oh and be warned, even if you're out of the five year break costs time period, they will still gouge you over a $1000 to leave them.
    Do yourselves a favour - do not go with this company unless you are desperate and cannot get a loan any other way. Then leave them as quickly as possible, and go with a decent lender such as a credit union!
  • Sydney Broker | 26 Feb 2016, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    A BDM I knew very well joined Mortgage Ezy at the start of 2015 - trusting him we offered an existing and very happy client a re-finance from a mortgage manager funded by Adelaide Bank to a Mortgage Ezy product. In all of my career spanning three decades and several service industries including finance, I have never had such a rotten experience. They entice you with higher than normal commissions on their in house products, offering a better than market rate. Sadly though the excitement is short-lived. Service all the way from Pre-Approval to Post settlement is pathetic. Nearly a year later, I have not been paid a trail on over a million in the deals I placed with them. From the Head of the company down to their teams in Indonesia and Phillipines, the culture of this organisation is below par. Mick - Their Sales Director was a concern from the first time I met him. He spoke badly of someone I had worked with in the past, however, I think his own level of service falls short of anything I had ever seen prior. STAY away - I wish the CHOICE brokers do not have to go through this expensive lesson.
Post a reply