Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Comment of the Week goes to Oldbroker

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Aug 2013, 06:00 AM Agree 0
At Australian Broker, we love a bit of healthy discussion, which is why we honour our favourite comment each week with a lofty little title. Drum-roll please... This week’s winning comment comes from ‘Oldbroker’ and relates to Wednesday’s interview with Aussie Home Loans CEO, Ian Corfield.
  • mac | 02 Aug 2013, 08:47 AM Agree 0
    Problem is with IR laws as they stand you really can not pay employees commission only if it ends up being less than the relevant award which is about $40K pa I think. Also the contractor option is really not viable either be careful you don't get deemed to be in a sham contracting arrangement. You may have to gross up what you have paid them pay the difference to the ATO as their PAYE tax and then pay super on top of that too. This has happened in our industry.
  • Philthyo | 02 Aug 2013, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    It is with great pride & humility that I accept this lofty title. I would like to thank my Mum & Dad.............................................
Post a reply