Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Complete Diploma to avoid 'dumb questions'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 28 Jul 2011, 04:45 AM Agree 0
Brokers who are unsure if they should complete the Diploma of Financial Services via an RPL process would be better to complete the full course "no matter how many years' experience they may have".
  • Garry | 28 Jul 2011, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    Good comments. You simply cant have too much education. be the best you can be and you will succeed.
  • Perth Broker | 28 Jul 2011, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    Sounds very much to me like AAMC are touting for business. Who would a customer prefer to deal with - a broker who knows what they are talking about or someone who spends all of their time studying?
  • mortgageandlease | 28 Jul 2011, 02:42 PM Agree 0
    Seems the Training organisations have pushed for the diploma requirements, not the brokers. How much do they stand to make out of this? Millions?

There are many unhappy brokers out there over this and the fight has started yet!
  • Liam | 28 Jul 2011, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    I don't believe it is the training organisations that are pushing for the Diploma, last I heard it was the MFAA. Who by the way, make a lot more than most training organisations.
  • reply | 28 Jul 2011, 08:42 PM Agree 0
    @mortgageandlease. You can't seriously think that training organisations are making money out of the current issue of Diploma. They have all been required to rebuild their assessment tools to validate a standard that isn't being backed up by detailed learning material. Only the basics are covered. The rest of the assessment is RPL. This has been done to minimise the cost to you - and the time you have to commit to the raised standard. The MFAA are responsible for the upgrade requirement, not the training organisations. Take your beef up with the right source. If you are genuine about not wanting to grow, maybe you shouldn't be in the industry. If you think you already know all that you need to know, then you simply don't know enough.
    Give the trainers a break. They are doing their best to accommodate you...at a fraction of the price of a fully resourced learning format.
Post a reply