Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Compliance certificates to prove pitfall

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 11 Apr 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
A compliance expert has warned the industry that many brokers may have gotten their Annual Compliance Certificates wrong, just as ASIC begins a round of contacting brokers to check on their compliance
  • John | 11 Apr 2012, 10:36 AM Agree 0
    Amazing grab for business Greg, scare tactics to force brokers to look at companioes such as yours to protect themselves.
  • qedrisk | 11 Apr 2012, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    Given the amount of free advice I hand out, John, I think that's a pretty unfair comment. ASIC are the ones with the scary message, I've just spent the past 2 years trying to explain to brokers what it all means. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you have to use a "company like mine". Do it yourself if you're so inclined but please don't stuff it up!
  • BHL | 11 Apr 2012, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    I have to say Greg does give out a huge amount of free advice, & regularly attends PD days with Aggregators. In regard to scare tactics, he's not even in the same league as a certain self-appointed guru from a certain solicitors firm, who is always grabbing for headlines.....
  • Mark Moenting | 11 Apr 2012, 12:37 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Greg, you can only take the horse to the water! Compliance does not make you money but can save you an endless amount let alone damage to your brand etc.
  • PeterT | 11 Apr 2012, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    I've been using QEDs services for over 12 months now and have been very happy with the service and the results. The cost really is minimal and it is a very easy way to ensure that you do have the proceedures, checks & balances in place. Compliance isn't just about doing the right thing, it's about proving it. Without QED I probably wouldn't have the documentation to prove it.
  • ozboy | 12 Apr 2012, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    I agree, I too use QED and found that having someone looking over my shoulder and making me think a bit differently is great.
Post a reply