Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Crowd-funded marketing campaign helps brokers fight the big banks

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 13 Jul 2016, 08:34 AM Agree 0
A Sydney-based chiropractor is helping mortgage brokers fight back against the big advertising dollars of the big banks
  • Perth Broker. | 13 Jul 2016, 08:59 AM Agree 0
    Wouldn't trust my money with it, the page is unclear and the indiegogo campaign is unfinished and confusing - and this guy is the marketing guru? Perhaps postpone and try again when you finish building your indigogo page and spell out clearly how it works. Until then I think you'll be stuck with the $7 raised by you and your team.
    • Steven Lockstone | 13 Jul 2016, 10:37 AM Agree 0
      Thanks for your feedback. What could we put on the page to make it clearer? Fractional Advertising is a new concept to advertising so we were careful not to add too much info and risk over complicating it. Thanks for your input.
  • SEQ Broker | 13 Jul 2016, 09:01 AM Agree 0
    Hmm David and Goliath.

Yes the banks are big. Yes they have a wad for advertising so thick you could beat a whale to death with it. But I am going to go +1 for brokers here. What percentage of lending business came from brokers last year (was it 56% or was it 52%?) but either way it was more than 50%. In our industry David knows service, David knows choice, David just knows! Which is our point of difference to Goliath. In our industry, Goliath is at risk of becoming antiquated and passing away of old age.

I think our member organisations could do better at trumpeting these facts to the public.
  • Dave Robinson | 13 Jul 2016, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    Been tried before by a far superior model that did not get off the ground so not sure this will get the traction. Brokers don't like to spend money it's as simple as that. Also worth noting that the website link page to their privacy policy doesn't work, wouldn't be a fishing expedition for contact details would it?
    • Steven Lockstone | 13 Jul 2016, 10:43 AM Agree 0
      Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. Privacy policy is update. So much going on that we overlooked the link.

I have heard of a group that sold off areas as a quasi-franchise that didn't work. This is totally different. We have invested substantially in patented technology that enables SMB's to leverage small advertising budgets.

We appreciate your feedback.
  • Sydney Broker | 21 Sep 2016, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    Organised a phone meeting with Dr Lockstone and never received the call. Did this crowd funded marketing get off the ground? I haven't seen any of the advertisements.
    • Dave | 30 Sep 2016, 07:49 AM Agree 0
      My understanding is that it didn't get off the ground. The whole thing from the start was not well put together, the unsubscribe link didn't work, the emails were sent to brokers all over the country when it was NSW/Sydney based only, direct emails asking to be unsubscribed were answered but not actioned. From what I could tell just another opportunist with out the processes in place to make their grandiose schemes work. Surprised "Fintech" wasn't quoted somewhere! :-)
Post a reply