Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Death knell premature for boutique aggregators

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 18 Apr 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Industry figures may have sounded the death knell for boutique aggregators, but one broker group claims the call is premature
  • Country Broker | 18 Apr 2012, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    If smaller aggregators want to really have an effect and stay in the market they need to find a way of safe guarding their brokers commisssions both up front and on going. The best way tyo do that is have a trustee in place who receives all payments and then distributes the funds , it is the only way I woud fel safe with a smaller aggregator , when Alex M started PLAN he was smart and did just that, result I feel safe even if NAB now own the business.
  • BrokerIQ | 18 Apr 2012, 11:44 AM Agree 0
    I struggle to understand how small & boutique aggregators can service the mdoern broker. We need state of the art CRM capability that offers multiple management functions, efficient BDM support and tools that help us build robust small businesses.

The 'personalised serviced' for me would be expected from any aggregator and if this is the only benefit from a boutique, then not only is their proposition weak, it suggests the minds that run these businesses lack the capability to adapt to the ever changing market, and the needs of mortgage brokers.
    Well done John Symonds.
  • Max Brewer | 18 Apr 2012, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    As a hands on broker with an interest in a boutique aggregator group I fully concur with all the comments of John Trubicyn.Boutique aggregators have unlimited flexibility to initiate and handle change, communicate personally with brokers, audit files provide training and support etc.
    The main reason our brokers don`t utilise platforms to any great extent is that they are all fully experienced brokers and don`t need the crutch required by inexperienced brokers who are attracted to the larger aggregators.
  • Frank Paratore - Ballast | 18 Apr 2012, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    Agree with KeyInvest - I'd suggest this is definitely premature! This industry needs increased competition at all levels - not less.
Post a reply