Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Digital death: Should you be giving up email?

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 29 Jul 2013, 05:00 AM Agree 0
More and more professionals are closing their email accounts for good - is it time for brokers to follow suit?
  • BONED | 29 Jul 2013, 08:59 AM Agree 0
    No I don't... What's the difference between waiting on a response via email or leaving a message and waiting for someone to call you back, if you're able to take the call when they call you back that is. Horses for courses really. In our business, it also serves as a record of discussion, very important from a regulation perspective in my opinion.
  • Stephen Catterall | 29 Jul 2013, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    You should check your emails only 3 times per day, morning, lunch and near the end of your day.
    Be disciplined, empty your inbox, (half of it you will never use anyway, and you can always get it back somehow if deleted in error)
    Allow 30 mins for this, (yes it can be done, believe me), you can still use your mobile device, but you should receive minimal on there as you just emptied your inbox.

Be productive in your time and not an email junkie or slave, sometimes we just create work for ourselves and its not $$$ producing work.
    Contact me direct for more info or dicussion.
  • SIDBROKER | 29 Jul 2013, 09:45 AM Agree 0
    I refuse to do emails communicating with clients. You can`t give personal service via email. Emails are usually asked by people whow are either overly pedantic or have too much time to waste and want you to entertain them. I tell them straight call me don`t email me.
Post a reply