Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Disclosure could speed broker retirements

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 11 Oct 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
More brokers might consider retiring before the end of this year due to the impact of recently rolled out consumer disclosures under NCCP
  • Ozboy | 11 Oct 2011, 10:30 AM Agree 0
    Yeah right, the reason they are watching it so closely is they make money from it, with a raft of brokers leaving they have to make some revenue form somewhere and this is the latest project. Get 1.6 times via them or 2 - 3 from outside..know which one I would pick.
  • countrybroker | 11 Oct 2011, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    This is a very interesting article, yes some brokers are leaving, but the NCCP new requirements are OK , if you follow the MFAA guidelines and templates , particulary if you are a full licence holder, and apply the training that every aggregator has provided it is easily complied with . If you are really smart (and being an older broker I have got to be) and use data sheets in a word application to complete the documents it takes no longer than what it was taking, to do a fact find and brokerage contract because you eneter the data as you complete the interviews and then provide the documents in the correct sequence by having the templated linked to the data sheets. It does take more time than before regulation , but I know my clients a lot better and get morte product before them.
  • mortgageandlease | 11 Oct 2011, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    Country Broker, where are you located?, I would love to see how you operate and pick your brains.
Post a reply