Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Don't skip the broker, says MFAA

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 26 Jul 2012, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA responds to controversy surrounding survey results, defending the importance of brokers
  • Moonae | 26 Jul 2012, 10:03 AM Agree 0
    When Christopher Zinn can get vast traction with media for his own benefit for that matter selling the concept that debt is just a commodity to be negotiated on price I would have thought an industry body selling a very strong and powerful message could at least have a media presence to sell the message. Get off the sidelines MFAA and spend our money on some better media planning. MFAA has a long way to go and a facebook campaign and a bit of fluffy marketing and stickers isn't going to get us where we need to be.
  • Tom | 26 Jul 2012, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    I don't know of one broker that promotes MFAA to their clients. Mr Naylor please do not spread your propaganda as I find this statement not only offensive but insulting to my intelligence.
  • MMS from Perth | 26 Jul 2012, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    Dealing with a broker is a distinct client advantage. Its not always about fees/charges/rates often its knowing where to go to get the deal approved.MFAA could aide the broker cause by giving dozens of real life examples of when going direct yielded a declinal vs. using a market knowledgable broker yielded an approval.
  • Country Broker | 26 Jul 2012, 10:09 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations to Phil Naylor on his response , it is accurate and factual, with a good dose of common sense thrown in. I would like more information on the loan Market survey , such as the size of the sample and the demographic profile of the respondents, it simply for me does not seem to be an accurate representation of what is out there.
  • Steve McClure | 26 Jul 2012, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    The article was a survey by an aggregator of their brokers' opinions, not the clients themselves. It was hardly a valid sample. HOWEVER, it demonstrates that one of the major obstacles of brokers is, in fact – ourselves! Phil Naylor is right, our professional channel will continue to evolve. If you are second guessing your position in that process, you shouldn’t be in it.
  • Larz | 26 Jul 2012, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    Interesting. If anyone cared to look at the financials of the MFAA you would see that they have been spending over one million dollars a year on advertising and anyone with any experience in this field will know that it takes a hell of a lot more than this to get any type of brand awarness. One million dollars is a drop in the ocean so the spend has to be very targeted. Reacheach has shown that currently the best bang for your buck is via social media and indiviual promotion of the brand via any membership base or referral group you have so I would have thought that the MFAA is on the right track. Sorry of that insults your intelegence Tom but if the cap fits.
  • KT | 26 Jul 2012, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    Agree with Tom......none of my clients have ever heard of MFAA...pssst
  • Spinner | 26 Jul 2012, 11:21 PM Agree 0
    More loans are being written by brokers as a % to all loans. What is the consumer saying?

As for the $1m in advertising by MFAA, that is a surprise. What is the strategy? Brokers, Banks and aggregators are their customers not consumers.

Post a reply