Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Easy to avoid ASIC 'whip-cracking', says FBAA

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Aug 2012, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers could easily avoid being put in ASIC's firing line if they demand the service they should expect from their industry associations
  • Wilko | 09 Aug 2012, 01:22 PM Agree 0
    What a crock. Smacks of covering the FBAAs but in case something goes wrong. So can I sue the FBAA when they are late with a reminder or not reminding me early enough? I have been in this industry for many years and have had no problems so cannot see the need for my industry association taking such an active role in my business. Spend the time with the government Mr White and get us less legislation.
  • Ray - Perth | 09 Aug 2012, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    Thanks FBAA. It realy is our responsibility but any help is great. Good to see a representative body actually helping the front line brokers for once and not acting like agro demanding policemen.
  • Country Broker | 10 Aug 2012, 11:40 AM Agree 0
    what a totally self serving comment , the MFAA folow us up very year for our EDR renewal. Our aggregator wants the PI and EDR details and proof we have it.
Post a reply