Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

EXCLUSIVE: Whittingham accused of taking nearly $1m

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 Feb 2015, 11:39 AM Agree 0
Banned trail book dealer Mark Whittingham is accused of dishonestly obtaining nearly $1m through the sale of trail books and rent rolls, documents have revealed
  • zoe | 13 Feb 2015, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    had a case as recent as this month so this is not the extent of the damage. I would like to know what drives a person to think this is acceptable behavior and how does he live with himself extorting money from innocent people....
  • Ash Churchill | 13 Feb 2015, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    I hope that blokes gets what coming to him!
  • Xavier Quenon | 13 Feb 2015, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    It is about time this guy be stopped.. Crook!
    And he has been doing it actively in our industry for way too long
  • WA Broker | 13 Feb 2015, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    Whats the result of the investigation into Black and White Concepts which is going around promoting rent roll and trail books for sale by a fellow called Mark on in late 2014 and Jan 15. Very likely to be the same clown.
  • Kym | 13 Feb 2015, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    Tosser
  • zoe | 13 Feb 2015, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    WA Broker it is the same clown :(
  • Grahame | 13 Feb 2015, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Dracula could not have sucked out as much blood as this bloke. He will get off and he and some lawyer will be rich.
  • Ray-Perth | 13 Feb 2015, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    We have all known about this guys for a while. Why on earth has it taken this long to charge him .. its a joke
  • Coast Broker | 13 Feb 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    How about the MFAA invite him to the excellence awards at the end of the month. I sure that option would be cheaper than him tying up the legal system especially once every broker in the room got hold of him.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 13 Feb 2015, 12:43 PM Agree 0
    IF He is found guilty he needs to be jailed for the maximum term available . His behaviour is totally unacceptable , and he needs to be made an example of .
  • Francis Armstrong | 13 Feb 2015, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    The last email I received was on Jan 31st 2015.
    They are still at it, just rebadged under a different company burkha.
  • Jason | 13 Feb 2015, 01:39 PM Agree 0
    It has taken a while Ray however the Fraud Squad has spent considerable time, energy and resources putting together a water tight case for this clown. Risk vs. reward. Spend the time to maximise the penalty.
  • Charley | 13 Feb 2015, 02:25 PM Agree 0
    It is definitely worth the $988.90 (3 Guaranteed Leads) I lost through him (Home Loan Selection Services).
  • Tim | 13 Feb 2015, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    I too received a request from Black and White earlier this month. When I read the Australian Broker article where they tried contacting the guy and he was slippery than an eel I knew I made the right call to just delete the email.

Jason it is great that the Fraud squad have been meticulous but surely with the amount of commentary about this crook going back over three to four years (at least) it begs the question how many people got burnt while they were putting together their case against him?
  • Dave Robinson | 15 Feb 2015, 08:21 AM Agree 0
    The Black and White Concept emails had no contact details, no abn and a company search showed it did not exist. All fairly basic due diligence before handing over money to anyone.

They will need to lock him up to stop him and then we will need to be ready when he is released. Unfortunately he seems to have found a constant source of people who are willing to hand over money without any due diligence, while this people are around people like Mr Whittingham will be exploiting them.

So how long will this take and what do you think the punishment will be?

July before the case finishes and 3 year good behaviour bond.
Post a reply