Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Expect home loan rates to rise, says analyst

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 24 Sep 2015, 07:29 AM Agree 0
Home loans rates will rise as banks are likely to pass the burden of "significant" increases in the cost of funding onto consumers
  • SEQ Broker | 24 Sep 2015, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    What Guf! The term "remains challenging" is spin. So what you're saying is $8 to $12 billion per annum profit is putting banks in a "remains challenging" position. APRA is simply giving banks an excuse to write themselves a bigger paycheck.

With your definition, there is only half a dozen businesses in Australia that are not in a "challenging" position. How could you justify that hogwash, then write an article that basically supports lending institutions capitalising on innuendo from APRA who is effectively in a position of having to justify their existence.

I think my position of "competition will ensure rate cuts are passed on to consumers" has a lot more weight to it than your speculation. At least there is historical evidence to back my position up - you are having a guess and then publishing it.
  • Harold Spencer | 24 Sep 2015, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    Mr Mott, as an analyst for UBS you should be well aware of Mr Byres intelligence. Shame on you for using it to promote your own gain.
  • Harold Spencer | 25 Sep 2015, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    ANZ came out publicly yesterday and stated rates will go down. Let the games begin. Let's see who earns their bonus this year!
Post a reply