Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Experts predict cash rate will rise to 4%

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 01 Aug 2014, 08:46 AM Agree 0
After a sustained period of holding the cash rate at a record low, experts are predicting the RBA will increase the cash rate by 150 basis points to 4% in 2015
  • Coast Broker | 01 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    So we have experts predicting a large increase next year in the Cash Rate. I would call 150 basis points a large increase in the current period of low cash rates. However we are seeing further reductions in Lenders fixed rates. Who were these experts.
  • BB | 01 Aug 2014, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    how many time our 'Experts' were wrong? Just couple of days ago they were saying that interest rate will go down by end of the year and now they are saying that RBA will raise cash interest by 150 points next year. love to see that. ha ha ha
  • Country Broker | 01 Aug 2014, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Oh Crystal Ball what do I see . After 30 years in this industry I have given up looking into the crystal ball to see what rates will do !

I leave that to the Economists and the forecasters who history shows are between 30 to 50% accurate! I give the clients the fixed and variable rate options , with the facts and conditions of each option and let them make an informed decision.
  • Experts? | 01 Aug 2014, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    We hear the experts medium and long range predictions all the time, and they are not the slightest bit accurate. They have an idea of what may happen in the short term, but that's all. It's more of where they want the cash rate to be. This economy has too many structural issues with only egotistic showmen in parliament for anyone to be honestly expecting cash rate rises for Aust anytime soon.
  • Kym | 01 Aug 2014, 03:29 PM Agree 0
    And the experts are? Did you consult Glen Stevens? On what basis did they make there predictions. I might to my own survey and publish the results to promote my business.
  • Broker | 04 Aug 2014, 04:29 PM Agree 0
    How often are the 'Experts' and Economist asked to discuss what they predicted 3 to 5 years ago - Never. Why, because most would be shown to gave been wrong.
Post a reply