Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

EXPOSÉ: Banned trail book dealer resold 'exclusive' database

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 24 Jan 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A broker who received an offer to purchase an 'exclusive' database which he already owned is calling on other brokers to help bring the seller - a banned trail book dealer - to justice.
  • Brian Hastings | 24 Jan 2014, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    I was ripped off by this guy 18 months ago. I reported it to the MFAA and asked them to send every broker an email....just as they do on other occasions. they have failed to do it and obviously he continues to dupe brokers without care. My legal advice is you have little chance of recovering your funds. common MFAA send out a notice to all brokers.
  • Qld Regional Broker | 24 Jan 2014, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    We are seeing numerous articles about Whittingham. And if reliance can be placed on the authors of the articles and their accuracy, then state and federal government agencies are not doing any action. Why? What has been left out of the articles.
    Readers, should MFAA and FBAA be the link pins to co-ordinate a collective action? A class action against this alleged fraudster?
    It is assumed then, that McMenamin is going to undertake that role(s).
    Further, it would seem that maybe the silence among many who have ben defrauded are too ashamed to come forward.
    Ah, fellow brokers, it is time to step forward and fill-in the complaint forms!!!
  • Broker | 24 Jan 2014, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    The bloke is a scumbag
  • Jim-Perth | 24 Jan 2014, 10:14 AM Agree 0
    Why is it the MFAA love to run around and act like our policeman, yet seem to do nothing to protect us? That institution urgently needs a whole new focus to us brokers and a new management ASAP or it will continue to be irrelevant in todays broking industry.
  • Old Joe | 24 Jan 2014, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    If anyone has received an unsolicited email from this person and related companies send the email to report.submit@submit.scam.acma.gov.au what will happen is they will trace the email if the person and company has sent unsolicited emails then they will face the prosecution and penalties without having prior opt in and email permission. The only way to get these guys is through prosecution. Also send a copy of the email to MFAA and ASIC and they will build another case around them.
  • Broker | 24 Jan 2014, 10:58 AM Agree 0
    Hello ASIC, anybody home?
  • David | 24 Jan 2014, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    I understand the frustration, but MFAA & FBAA can only 'do something' to members. I have no doubtthey have passed on member concerns to ASIC. Problem is, I suspect that this problem has zip to do with NCCP & being licensed. It is more about fraudlent behaviour. Never the less, just cast your mind back to pre NCCP - MFAA & FBAA could not 'ban' the crooks from the industry they could only expel members - same as now. . But now, ASIC can get rid of crooks - who breach the NCCP Act. Perhaps not quite as quickly as we would like, but there is a matter of due process that must be followed.
  • Big Al | 24 Jan 2014, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    This idiot has been doing this for a long time, every one in the broking industry knows about it.

So if your silly enough get done by him its your own fault for not doing a lack of research.
  • Jacob O | 24 Jan 2014, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    Anyone want to know what this chump looks like, google; markwilliamwhittingham blogspot
    Let's hope the law gets to him before some else... The bloke certainly does a good job of hiding though
  • John Robbo | 24 Jan 2014, 07:03 PM Agree 0
    What REALLY disappoints me is that I had been trying to get Key Media / Australian Broker to reply to my phone calls and emails a few months ago that could have reduced the damage of this fraudster. I have irrefutable evidence that Mark Whittingham is defrauding people. He sold me a list of "leads" that had all been qualified in the last 2 days and NONE of them were real - they were all fake. He assured me that he was NOT Mark Whittingham, however, after the incident, I investigated the banks account that I had to pay the fee into and the bank account was a NAB bank account in the name of Mark Whittingham. How do I contact Patrick McMenamin??? I'm happy to work with him to bring this rogue down.
  • Hurt | 25 Jan 2014, 10:06 PM Agree 0
    This guy and his wife Kate they just rip off people and live a luxurious life with other peoples money
  • Vic broker | 29 Jan 2014, 09:47 AM Agree 0
    I was the first broker to report this to Aust broker two weeks ago. This was after receiving an email then a call from Mark. I asked a few questions eg; name of his previous company then did some investigating. Once I found out it was him I reported it.
    What I find amazing us that even after both stories were published via Aust broker he continues to call me & leave messages... Seriously he really needs to be brought in line.. When you can get in more trouble by not paying a parking ticket than committing fraud you know our justice system is useless.
Post a reply