Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fair Work Act changes could hit brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 19 Feb 2013, 06:30 AM Agree 0
Changes to the Fair Work Act are likely to have a heavy impact on small-time employers
  • Country Broker | 19 Feb 2013, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    Simple solution to all of this run director only /employee companies , and if need be outsource the processing , paying a fee is simpler and easier than having employees for most brokers especially with technology as developed as it is.
    , It is getting harder and harder to employ people in this industry , the majority of brokers are 1 to 3 director companies with perhaps family employed as PAYG employees and I suspect that may stay the same if these types of reforms get up .
  • PeterT | 19 Feb 2013, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    In theory these changes make for a better workplace culture. In reality they simply push employers to casual or contract staff and people who are outside of child bearing age. It puts employees in a position with less job security and fewer rights.
  • Broker | 19 Feb 2013, 12:49 PM Agree 0
    Which in reality, just equates to more unnecessary interference from this Government
  • Past Employer | 20 Feb 2013, 08:12 AM Agree 0
    In my opinion, all these changes do is work against women. As an employer why would you want to employ anyone that might be considering having children?
Post a reply