Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far Out Friday: $2m house up for grabs in crusade against bank

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 18 Jul 2014, 06:09 AM Agree 0
A man has offered his $2.6m home as first prize in a crusade against a major bank
  • SouthBrisBroker | 18 Jul 2014, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    Should have used a broker...we are simply better.
  • Regional Broker | 18 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Oh Dear it just had to happen , question , will ASIC look at this if it was written after the NCCP came into force, if it did , Were the NAB fully comply? , Did the NAB have the doctor advised independently when he signed documents? , was their or their loan staff's conduct unconscionable. This is going to be very interesting I hope AB keep an overview of this case and what occurs .
  • greg | 18 Jul 2014, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    I guess Cameron Clyne will have to settle it before he goes in 2 weeks!!
  • Louise | 18 Jul 2014, 07:07 PM Agree 0
    NAB did the same thing to me around the same time. I didn't realise when I took the loan but it was a crooked NAB staff member working with shonky loan brokers. I was just two payments behind (6k) due to being assualted and despite bringing the mortgage into advance they still took my house. NAB found out about the crooked staff members and brokers so would not let me keep the house even though I brought the loan into advance. There must be more people!!
  • Papery | 19 Jul 2014, 04:29 PM Agree 0
    I hope the $2.6m property up for grabs isnt the security property for in the debt in question.....
  • tootnkarma | 20 Jul 2014, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    The acquisition of assets is the main aim of Australian Banks and they spend any amount to legally defend their claims on assets and bankrupt victims. However, assets are not only acquired by outright fraud. In my case, the NAB refused to allow me to fund Interest payments on a vacant property - FROM MY OWN FUNDS, $865.000.00 IN TERM DEPOSIT.
    The NAB told me ''that by using my own funds was eroding the NAB's security.'' They froze the $865.000.00 and charged Penalty Interest 15.90%, and annihilated a lifetime's work.
    This happens all the time. There must be a detailed investigation into all Banks and Liquidators.
Post a reply