Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far out Friday: To tie or not to tie

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 May 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Should male brokers wear ties? Turns out, this is a contentious question
  • NoTimeLikeTheFuture | 17 May 2013, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Whatever the colour, a bow tie always looks rediculous on professional men and should be banned. The End.
  • Broker | 17 May 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    As a 4WD enthusiast, the only thing that's missing is the lycra cycling outfit, latte's and moral high ground (ouch - only kidding). Good article though.
  • Rodger | 17 May 2013, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Warren buffet wears a tie /Bow tie. Good enough for me. I'm a dedicated tie man :)
  • Noel | 17 May 2013, 02:43 PM Agree 0
    No wonder Tony Abbott has become addicted to blue ties. Check it out. You will not see him with any other color tie between now and the election.
  • alex | 17 May 2013, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    i never wear a tie or a suite
  • Wombat | 17 May 2013, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    Get with the trend and ditch the ridiculous things! After all, women don't wear them and we are supposed to be equal! I once had loan meeting with a supreme court judge and met him in his chambers after his day in court. When he took off his robe and wig he was wearing a T-shirt and shorts (it was a hot day). I felt very self-conscious in my tie - and later ditched the lot except one kept for funerals.
  • SIDBROKER | 18 May 2013, 03:19 PM Agree 0
    I am with IKEA. We put collars and lead on the family dog not the man.
Post a reply