Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Far out Friday: Top 20 lamest sick day excuses ever

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 11 Oct 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
They range from the impressively imaginative to the downright idiotic. Either way, we feel a debilitating case of BS coming on...
  • Phil | 11 Oct 2013, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    One of my colleagues used a cracker. "My wife's great aunt has fallen off a ladder cleaning the gutter. My wife needs to drive to her house to look after her, which means I have to look after the kid".
  • Tracey | 11 Oct 2013, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    one of my business clients, had an employee constantly taking time off work. Had every excuse under the sun. They got suspicious of this one and had asked for a doctors certificate (which he couldn't supply)
    Driver rings in to say he can't come to work, as his daughter was due to have her baby. Little did the employee know that the daughter had already posted pictures on facebook with the new bub. But here's the crunch, he had taken time off to go and have a tattoo on his arm.....came to work the following day later with his arm bandaged up. The other drivers had asked what had happened & he told them he got a tattoo done yesterday....."on his sick day"
    He then questioned why he was docked a days pay.....go figure!
  • The Swivel | 11 Oct 2013, 02:49 PM Agree 0
    A puppy ran in and stole my shirt of the ironing board, so I ironed another one which got stolen as well, ironed a third shirt and then tripped over the stray puppy and fell down the stairs. from the same employee "I can't come into because my mate is sick and I'm going to fill in for him" fitting fire extinguishers!
  • Maurice | 12 Oct 2013, 12:19 AM Agree 0
    I'm Sick - of Drinking!
    My responce - You'd better have 2 days off then, one to recover, and one to make-up to the wife.
Post a reply