Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

FBAA CEO demands changes to NCCP

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 02 Mar 2015, 08:32 AM Agree 0
FBAA chief executive Peter White is calling on the government to enact “unfinished matters” left over from the implementation of the NCCP
  • Bottom Line | 02 Mar 2015, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    Commercial sector should be left alone.
    We're already the most regulated country in the world - in general terms.
    In the end, each school student will need to get a law degree before they can enter the workforce.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 02 Mar 2015, 10:20 AM Agree 0
    Good work from Peter White . Where is the MFAA in this, intense lobbying need by both groups for this to be done.
  • Ken Crawford | 02 Mar 2015, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    If you are a broker you would be telling every client about LMI - I have been for 11 years and every broker I have personal contact with does it as part of the home loan process. Why does everything need to be "regulated" or are we to assume very broker is not honest unless we have regulations to tell them what they should and should not do?
  • CharlieX | 03 Mar 2015, 12:09 AM Agree 0
    too much regulations already, the current regulations for consumers treat the consumers like morons already.

people who have the brains to run their own business operations, i.e. business owners, don't need any more government regulations to treat them like morons too.

it is the Australian education system that is failing, to tell borrower that lender mortgage insurance is to the benefit of the lender and not the borrower. much is the same failure of definition that life insurance is good only when you're dead and not when you're alive; it needs to be called "death insurance" because it is only beneficial when the insured person is dead.

• QEDRisk | 03 Mar 2015, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    I completely agree with Peter on this one. Small businesses, at the heart of it, are run by people who are no different to consumers and they're the ones who will have to fit a commercial loan into their lifestyle. So why not put commercial credit brokers on the same playing field as your average mortgage broker?

As Peter says, most of it is done full-doc anyway so why not give business owners the same protection as anyone else?
  • ROGER MORRISON | 08 Mar 2015, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    I suspect Peter White has little concept about what a true professional commercial asset broker actually does for a living... Why else would he hold a National FBAA Conference on 30th June?
    Please DON'T treat the engine room of our country (small business) like consumers who need to reign in their spending because they have no idea how to handle money. I run a small business outside of my credit Licence... Please don't make that any harder. Cheers, Roger Morrison.
Post a reply