Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

FHB figures a black cloud over sunny home loan activity

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 14 May 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
New ABS housing finance information offers good news for brokers - but points to a continuing problem with one market segment
  • 1martym1 | 14 May 2013, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    I would like to know how they collect the FHB data. With no FHOG for existing homes in most states how do they know if a buyer is a first timer or not. Rely on bank data? Just saying we all know that if data in an application is not credit critcial it is often left out
  • Geoffw | 14 May 2013, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    There are at least 3 States offering bigger FHOG incentives for new dwellings and Nil for established homes. First Home Buyers can actually find better buys will established stock and are pushed out by the fact that they cant get the grant on these properties. Governments need to look at this.
  • Phil Sampson | 14 May 2013, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    I cannot beleive the narrow mindedness of these govt "initiatives", short term cost savings in the grand scheme of things. No wonder rents are going through the roof and will continue to do so. Great for the investor market, however the ability for a young family in NSW to own a home is virtually impossible unless they can afford and want to live in outer Western Sydney where all the land developments are. That's of course unless the young family has a spare $50 or $60K in their pocket...... and that's likely while they're paying ever increasing rent. This one's going to come back to bite...
  • Tony Smith | 14 May 2013, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Stamp duty declaration on transfer forms completed by solicitor for the buyer, ask the question
  • Tony Smith | 14 May 2013, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Stamp duty declaration on transfer forms completed by solicitor for the buyer, ask the question
  • 1martym1 | 14 May 2013, 03:27 PM Agree 0
    @Tony. The figures relate to loan approvals so I dont think that is likley. Also there are no stamp duty concessions for owner occupied or first home buyers in NSW for example and just had a look at the NSW transfer form...no mention there of any FHB. Mist vcome from the lenders me think via APRA
Post a reply