Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Forecasts of 100bp RBA cut could be conservative

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 22 May 2012, 01:00 AM Agree 0
The RBA may have a long way to go if it wants its rate cuts to provide stimulus to the economy, a major bank has said
  • sidbroker | 22 May 2012, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    The RBA has to much power and that needs to be rolled back to a common sense level. We have been paying way to much for too long and what does the RBA do about it? I can tell you they sit back and continue to play their games to protect their ego`s at our expense. Bill Evans is not a silly man but i feel that Mr. Stevens could learn a lot from Mr. Evans. RBA DROP THE BLOODY RATE NOW BY 1%. Its not rocket science. Fed. Govt. is lying re the state of the economy and how fragile small business is right now. Just do it!!!
  • Martin broker. | 22 May 2012, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    It's interesting Westpac's chief economist talks about the RBA dropping rates, when his own bank's carded rates are amongst the highest in the land. Westpac could and should do more than blow hot wind in the press and actually help their clients with lower rates, so as to remain relevant and competitive in our residential mortgage marketplace.
Post a reply