Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Forget exit fee autopsy and move on: Carn

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 01 Jul 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Homeloans’ Tony Carn has urged the market's mortgage brokers to "move on" and put negativity behind them, as the ban on exit fees comes into force today
  • KC Brisbane | 01 Jul 2011, 01:41 PM Agree 0
    Finally someone with a pulse brokers should be focused on growing their business with new ideas and servcies for their clients!
  • Ray (Perth) | 01 Jul 2011, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    Absolutely agree with the sentiments here. I have been amazed throughout all this debate at the utter emotion involved. I can see no negatives for non-banks, only positives.

MOst amazing to me and many others was why th MFAA took such an aggressive stance when most brokers I know had no problems with it. So where was the MFAA motivaton coming from ???
  • nedi | 04 Jul 2011, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    i look at this way,
    you right 10 loans a months at approx 7.07%.
    10 months later a rival lender blitz's the market advertising 6.6% for new borrowers(remember wetspac 4.9% 3 year fixed). Your lender cant match or retain you loose 10 borrowers and cop the 100% clawback most lenders have applied in repsonse to exit fee ban. Ie. How much of the upfront commission that you earn today is a contingent DEBT. A gamble, a liability. What do we put in the contingent liability section when we apply for our own personal home loan
Post a reply