Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Former Aussie broker cops permanent ban from ASIC

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 06 Oct 2015, 11:49 AM Agree 0
A convicted Sydney mortgage broker has been permanently banned from providing financial services by ASIC
  • Honest Broker | 06 Oct 2015, 11:55 AM Agree 0
    "He was sentenced to 350 hours of community service work".

The punishment doesn't fit the crime. I'm sick of reading negative press like this. These types of brokers give the rest of us a bad name.
  • Coast Broker | 06 Oct 2015, 01:33 PM Agree 0
    Hit him in the hip pocket were it hurts with big fines.
  • Charliex | 06 Oct 2015, 06:57 PM Agree 0
    Where is the aggregator in the equation?
  • Greg Border | 06 Oct 2015, 07:26 PM Agree 0
    Heaven forbid, did Aussie's systems fail to expose this fellow during his exploits? Appears so! So the question I raise is W.T.F. will Aussie do to appropriately respond to give prospective clients confidence to deal? Naught probably.
  • John Sanders | 07 Oct 2015, 08:43 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Honest Broker. 350 hours of community work is an absolute joke! How about he pays to a charity all of the commission he made from this shonky deals, which at $7mil would be around $45,000 + trail.
  • Rodney Who | 07 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    Yes he has been whacked on the wrist by a limp piece of lettuce. Can't believe he got through Aussies rigorous screening process. No doubt Aussie is gleefully accepting the trail on the rest of his book.
  • Tucker | 07 Oct 2015, 08:24 PM Agree 0
    Don't usually see good ole Aussie's name attached to this type of stuff however every broker and aggregator has its turn with the bad apple broker I guess. No system or process can ever stop the human greed factor...
Post a reply