Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Former finance broker steals clients' identities

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 28 May 2014, 01:31 PM Agree 0
​A former finance broker has been convicted of two fraud charges after stealing the identities of her clients
  • Old Broker | 28 May 2014, 01:41 PM Agree 0
    Fantastic someone got caught and prosecuted. Very Simple.
  • Clarke Kent | 28 May 2014, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    Fraud is Fraud good riddance to bad rubbish
  • Country Broker | 28 May 2014, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    Good Behaviour bonds ?? Fraud is serious especially when it involves funds going missing and innocent people losing money and false identities .
    This seems to be lenient.
  • Brissie Broker | 28 May 2014, 02:17 PM Agree 0
    Isnt a business manager someone whom is employed by the car yard to sell finance & insurance... hardly a broker
  • chrisc | 28 May 2014, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    Its bad eggs like these who give our profession and us a bad name but one would have to question how our justice system defines 'good character'. Any normal person would deem a FRAUDSTER to be at least of poor, if not bad character - woudn't they?
  • Arnie | 28 May 2014, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    Hmm, same old common denominator... And, BOLD TEXT HEADLINE - Former Finance Broker Steals... fine print "worked as a business manager with finance broker We R Finance"?? Either a Business Manager or Finance Broker - What one?? If she's NOT a Finance Broker (Licensed) then retract the headline and get it right. I agree with Brissy Broker.
  • Ray-pERTH | 28 May 2014, 04:58 PM Agree 0
    Good behaviour bond? Its deliberate fraud. They should have some gaol time at least.
  • Brissie Broker | 29 May 2014, 07:19 AM Agree 0
    Is this person a scapegoat for APRA comments from previous days? Call me a cynic...
    I don't condone fraudulent activities in any way but as Arnie said they are either a broker or they are not. Lets hope that when the new head of the MFAA is brought in he/she has enough "balls" to stand up for our rights & that Brokers breaking the law are held accountable & are punished to the full extent of the law.
  • sam Bondi | 29 May 2014, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    same same trend here ...
  • Dave Robinson | 29 May 2014, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    Business Manager, Mortgage Broker = Finance Broker, if you organise finance it doesn't matter what you call yourself (or anyone else calls you) in the eyes of the law you are a finance broker. Hope that helps clarify the situation.
Post a reply