Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'Four out of five' finance professionals unhappy

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 22 Aug 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Thinking of jumping ship and quitting the financial industry altogether? You're not alone, says a new survey
  • Broker | 22 Aug 2012, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    Seems that staff satisfaction levels are similar to the banks customer satisfaction, poor at best.
  • John Whitten | 22 Aug 2012, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    So what skills are finace brokers going to bring to the mining and resources industry that will get them a job. I live and work in the middle of these industries and see the hopefuls coming to town looking for employment and not getting employed because they don't have the required skills. Where I live they don't want office people, they want electricians, plumbers, buliders, construction workers, and engineers and these professions need specific skills. I see enough people in town sleeping in cars because they cant get a job. We dont need any more. However if you have the skills for the industry, you are wanted. Of course people in the finance industry are unhappy, because there has been a drop in volumes and therefore commissions, however these figures seem to fit into the 20/80 rule where 80% of the income comes from 20% of the brokers. The unhappy people in the industry need to figure out why they are unahappy and endeavour to rectify the problem.
  • Will | 22 Aug 2012, 04:46 PM Agree 0
    Well in the broking industry the prime reason it seems for the huge job dissatisfaction is not NCCP and ASIC, no we can thank the MFAA and its autocratic and unhelpful approach to us front liners. Their diploma idea was a disasterous move on their part.
  • Stephen | 23 Aug 2012, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Please leave find something to go and be passionate about. it will mean that those of us committed to a positive consumer experience will blossom. There have been far too many woodducks and whingers in this industry for too long. If it isnt NCCP- then we whinge about the MFAA- if its not MFAA then its not enough commission. Just leave!!
Post a reply