Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Franchise CEO blasts APRA investment decision

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 23 Dec 2014, 08:37 AM Agree 0
The CEO of a major franchise has criticised APRA’s decision to cap growth on investment lending
  • John Smith IFG | 23 Dec 2014, 09:53 AM Agree 0
    Michael I think you are being too lenient on APRA. I personal think they need to be scrapped. I have no doubt they think they are doing the right thing, but such a decision is irresponsible and shows that they really have poor judgement when it comes to overseeing the financial markets. Keep in mind this also has ramifications for the Share Market.
  • Well informed | 23 Dec 2014, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    I too am astonished, at the reckless, ill considered decisions our governments have been making over the last few years...
  • Peter Heinrich | 23 Dec 2014, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    The decisioin by APRA is not surprising as they have shown over recent times that they are astonishingly mis-informed and completely out of touch with reality. Some of their recent statements indicate they have no idea of the reality of the market . They remind me of some of the lender credit managers when not being able to find a valid reason to decline still decline "just in case".
  • Rodger | 23 Dec 2014, 12:24 PM Agree 0
    Spot on. Every time the govt regulators enter the market they distort things and disrupt normal market forces which are already moderating the market. Desk bound bureaucrats justifying their non essential existence at the expense of free market forces.
Post a reply