Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Further macroprudential action expected from APRA

Notify me of new replies via email
Miklos Bolza | 29 Mar 2017, 08:25 AM Agree 0
An overheating property market has given rise to analyst predictions of tough new measures on individual banks
  • DB | 29 Mar 2017, 09:05 AM Agree 0
    Why don't these 'numb nutts' including these banks just implement postcode restrictions to the Sydney and Melbourne areas they want to slow the growth down in???
  • Brado | 29 Mar 2017, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    I am concerned that all this does is make it easier for very wealthy people to buy further investments.. but limits it for everyone else... As per previous comment, why not have post code restrictions, rather than paint all of Australia with the same brush? Oh.. I guess that is what they are trying to do anyway, make sure that average people cant jump on the property wealth creation bandwagon!!!
  • Boiled in the pot | 29 Mar 2017, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    Just disrupt the NG & CGT apple cart and be done with it.

My clients are a couple with very. good. jobs. but can't afford in their home town Sydney.

So they're buying investment in affordable area outside Sydney and renting where their jobs are - as those sitting pretty say they should ("too much avocado?" or something).

Note: They would rather just buy a modest place in Sydney but at 12 times median earnings it's nuts.

Now they face disincentives and penalties even on this strategy. It's like we're trying for inequality.
Post a reply