Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Gender bender: Opinions split on leveling the playing field

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 22 Jan 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
While the overwhelming majority of women feel sex-based discrimination is rampant in the mortgage and finance industry, not everyone agrees on how to fix the problem
  • Xavier | 22 Jan 2013, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    It seems to me that Women earn the same rate of commission as Men do as a broker.. Should that not be called 'equality' and used as an example in a positive light rather than always bringing out the same negative tune?
  • oldBroker | 22 Jan 2013, 03:20 PM Agree 0
    Good point Xavier and furthermore, there are many homeowners who prefer to deal with female brokers as they are viewed to be more empathetic and caring than men.
  • mikeh | 23 Jan 2013, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    My personal view after twenty years in the industry is that a female broker runs rings around a bloke. The driving force in residential o/o and investment finance is the wife/partner; the husband goes along with whatever she is happy with; females have a natural affinity and understanding for one another, which puts caring, understanding Mary streets ahead of shifty Tom with the slick hair. In commercial deals directors are more interested in the deal than the presenter, although professionally presented Mary still has an advantage over Tom.
  • Positive Broker | 24 Jan 2013, 06:12 AM Agree 0
    Am I missing something. 90% of the time when I contact a bank it's woman on the other end. Many of the senior managers are also women. I think this is a bit of a beat up. As for employers being concerned about lengthy absences I would be too regardless of it being a woman or a man.
Post a reply