Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

​Give us another shot: New broker head

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Jan 2014, 08:35 AM Agree 0
The newly appointed state manager of a regional bank is asking brokers to look at them with an open mind in 2014.
  • RYMM | 09 Jan 2014, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    I can't see any acknowledgement here that BoM may need to MAKE CHANGES. I see words like "mis-conceptions", "brokers working within process and knowing credit policies", "educate brokers on our process" - you can't improve things unless you admit there is something wrong in the first place! No point blaming everyone else, avoiding responsibility and expecting to get broker support! Fix your internal problems and brokers will flock to you.
  • Dave Robinson | 09 Jan 2014, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    Good luck Christa, not without it's challenges but if anyone can do you can!
  • CRT | 09 Jan 2014, 10:03 AM Agree 0
    Agreed, I haven given BOM many more than one chance and regretted it every time, would only use them if I had no other alternative. No point rehashing the same issues about the brokers getting it wrong and it's not just the back end, it's the BDMs who have no power to help you, my last effort with them was a complete joke and cost me a deal worth $2 million, three strikes and you're out!
  • Coast Broker | 09 Jan 2014, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    St George in NSW are no better. When St George was St George I gave them a lot of business. Now they only get business if I have an existing St George customer that does not want to change Banks. I however cringe everytime I have to submit an application to them. BDM support is next to nothing. I have a saying the ST GEORGE IS MORE WESTPAC THAN WESTPAC. Maybe this could be used in Victoria saying that BOM IS MORE WESTPAC THAN WESTPAC
  • Gary | 09 Jan 2014, 12:02 PM Agree 0
    You have a big job ahead of you Christa. The service at BOM is sadly lacking together with quality of documentation, which is below standard. Let us all know when it is fixed.
  • James | 09 Jan 2014, 12:31 PM Agree 0
    Good luck Christa; I think they have picked well with you. However, there are a few key points:
    1. Please recognise there is a problem, fix the problem; then come to the market once its rectified.
    2. It gives me no comfort when BoM come out and pretend there is no issue when there clearly is; and somewhat downplays it as "misconceptions".

There are serious issues with BoM's backend, and Broker Central. Until you recognise that, I'm not prepared to recognise BoM as a serious contender.
  • Melb broker | 09 Jan 2014, 08:55 PM Agree 0
    BOM, Westpac ...... why bother!!
  • Rocket Scientist | 10 Jan 2014, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    Completely agree with RYMM... It seems like the mandate they've given Christa is: We're not changing but you need to somehow drum up more business... Good luck with that!
  • Melb broker | 20 Jan 2014, 12:40 AM Agree 0
    Great. BoM hire a new BDM from a bank that no one uses. Good luck Christa. I have heard this from all my other BDMs also
Post a reply