Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Government 'downgrades' financial services: Shadow Treasurer

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 02 Jul 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
The replacement of a full-time minister for financial services and superannuation has downgraded the importance of the portfolio, according to the Shadow Treasurer
  • Jeff | 02 Jul 2013, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    Bill is kidding isn't he? It's now a confused mess; with 5x the red tape, and nothing for the customer that they didn't know before.
  • Broker | 02 Jul 2013, 03:40 PM Agree 0
    He won't be missed!
  • Lyn Turner | 02 Jul 2013, 05:26 PM Agree 0
    Bill is not a detail person. Reforms with legislation that should have taken no more than 8 months to achieve has dragged on for three years or more. Superannuation is still a mess. Credit reform is still a mess and has taken 10 years off the lives of the stakeholders that have had to fight the stupidity for three years. Now workplace reform is also a mess. Bill leaves a disastrous legacy for David Bradbury to fix. Whoever said Bill was future leadership material has obviously never had to deal with him. Just when we are getting a much needed and welcome injection of funding for education, they put the "mess it up" man in.
  • Robert | 02 Jul 2013, 05:57 PM Agree 0
    Yes the Government has created 1 Million jobs. Though should we consider working through the 5X extra red tape a created job? To me all they have done is destroyed manufacturing and wealth in the country. I'm preparing a report for my local LNP MP to show what extra red tape we have to work through, the costs to my business and how it has taken people away from wealth creating jobs for the country. I used to pride myself on how I get use my skills and knowledge to help people. Now I'm spending time not helping people, but working through paperwork created by some bureaucrat
Post a reply