Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hayden steps down as CEO of MFAA

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Susanne | 22 Jun 2016, 02:20 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations on all of your achievements as CEO, Siobhan. You were a breath of fresh air in a staid and stuffy organisation.
  • Stephen Dinte | 22 Jun 2016, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    There can be no doubt that Siobhan was a breath of fresh air for the Association. She brought enthusiasm and energy to the role. The measures and changes that were introduced during her tenure will continue to produce benefits for many years to come. She will be sorely missed and difficult to replace.
  • Terry | 22 Jun 2016, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    Hmm, that's disappointing. Hayden was a breath of fresh air to what seemed to me to be a stuffy organisation.
    Three guys to replace her!
  • Kathy | 22 Jun 2016, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    That is really disappointing. I feel that Hayden really had a good grasp on the industry from both the broker perspective and during her time as CEO of MFAA I actually felt like the organisation was truly looking after brokers' interests and representing and promoting brokers as we needed to be.

They are some might big high heels to fill....... I hope they get it right!
    • Really? | 02 Sep 2016, 10:11 AM Agree 0
      Maybe that's why they got rid of her - we still haven't heard the real story.
      Perhaps being focused on Brokers (how it should be) rather than keeping the member banks happy, became her downfall. Have we drifted back to the days of the Banks say jump, and the MFAA says "how high".
  • hmmm... | 22 Jun 2016, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    I'd like to know what the difference of opinion was. Hope the big 4 weren't put out by conversion to a broker focussed organisation.
  • Paul | 22 Jun 2016, 04:55 PM Agree 0
    Really sorry to see Siobhan leave.

She saw things as they should be, and obviously not like the Board. Perhaps we should have elected different Board members
  • Martin | 22 Jun 2016, 05:33 PM Agree 0
    Gutted....Hayden was outstanding. She was in touch and gave us broker's a voice for the first time on a larger platform. This is a massive loss.
  • David | 23 Jun 2016, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    Tragedy. Siobhan was best thing I have seen happen to the MFAA in decades. I only hope the MFAA will not lose focus following her loss and fall back into their old ways.
  • Brokie | 23 Jun 2016, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    I too would be keen to know about the strategic differences, in due course.

Siohhan was great, and it's a big loss.

I also have faith in the board too, so maybe it was just the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next?

I hope it was nothing too personal, or worse.

Regardless, thanks Siobhan for your fantastic work : -)
  • Marty McDonald | 23 Jun 2016, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    As members don't we have a right to know what has happened? With the ASIC inquiry coming up it does worry me. Maybe I'm being paranoid. Board members?
Post a reply