Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

High LVR caps 'creeping in' to market

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 Nov 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Higher LVR caps are seeping into the mortgage market, but is it a case of buyer need - or lender greed?
  • Sigh.... | 13 Nov 2013, 09:39 AM Agree 0
    LVR's were higher than 95% prior to 2008; and that was in an era where valuations were above board 'real values'. Now you get a valuation well short of the properties real value/sale value. Hence a 95% lend is in reality a much lower LVR.

In many cases the 'Bank Valuation' is now causing clients to fall into LMI territory; but a 'real value' would see them remain out of LMI territory. attracting premiums where they shouldn't apply.

So much for legislation protecting the consumer.
  • Country Broker | 13 Nov 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    Old news , Try and get a 95% LVR done , they must meet the highest possible credit standards !! This is not news it old news .
  • Positive Broker | 13 Nov 2013, 12:52 PM Agree 0
    Enough of the scare campaigns. I have done a few 95% loans and dare I say 100% prior to the GFC. As long as they are for the right borrowers, I.e. young people with good employment prospects they are fine. My arrears figures back this up. Also 5% plus costs in Sydney is at least $30k. That's a fair bit of hurt money for a young family.
Post a reply