Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Homeside fallen by the wayside, NAB says rebrand will cut through confusion

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 25 Jun 2014, 06:38 AM Agree 0
NAB has said its decision to ditch its Homeside branding will help brokers better leverage off the strenght of the bank's brand
  • Papery | 25 Jun 2014, 09:03 AM Agree 0
    What about the differences between the NAB/Homeside commission structures????

• Phil | 25 Jun 2014, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    Great move.... never really understood the philosophy of the Homeside brand being a huge asset to NAB. All it really did was create confusion for customer until they were better informed. First year trail now too! Great moves! Now if they can fix up their partial discharge process, they will be a major force to be reckoned with, possibly propelling them into the number one spot for brokers to recommend. Happy days.
  • Garry King | 25 Jun 2014, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    About time they are finally listening to brokers who are on the front line with clients.
  • Finally | 25 Jun 2014, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    Well done NAB for doing what many have been screaming for for a long time.
    And it took an ex aggregator head to get the job done. Well done Steve, hope you can lead NAB into the new broker paradigm!
  • Laurie Parkes | 25 Jun 2014, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    Congratulations Steve Kane for making this happen. In my mind, NAB now, are not treating Mortgage Brokers as second class loan writers any more. As the CBA changed from Colonial, to CBA for brokers, so now have NAB. This will mean that I will now write loans with NAB broker.
    Thank you Steve.
  • Regional Broker | 25 Jun 2014, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    Good Move , hard to explain to a borrower who Homeside was then have documents turn up with NAB on them, this just makes it simple , so long as they keep the product suite Broker Exclusive and focused .
  • exNABite | 30 Jun 2014, 10:44 AM Agree 0
    Interesting that Kane said the bank had "inherited" the Homeside brand in its acquisition of BNZ. As i recall, we purchased it in NABs acquisition of Michigan National Bank (a disaster) in the 1990s. At the time, it was to be the way forward in the 21st century!! As with a lot of thinks in my 30 years at NAB, it fell by the wayside with different heads.
Post a reply