Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Housing is not unaffordable, says Treasurer

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 10 Jun 2015, 08:29 AM Agree 0
House prices in Sydney are expensive, but not unaffordable, according to Treasurer Joe Hockey
  • Gateway CU | 10 Jun 2015, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    The question here is will Gen Ys be able to afford their new home? Our CEO Paul Thomas comments here: bit.ly/1cHks2R
  • Broker | 10 Jun 2015, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    Housing in Sydney has never been more affordable , especially when your on 300K plus per annum!
  • Papery | 10 Jun 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    Dear Joe,

Define 'good job' 'good money' 'job security' & 'readily affordable' in respect of the wider community & general population.

Time for you to get out of the ivory tower.
  • GC | 10 Jun 2015, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Hockey. I have been in this industry for 17 yrs, bought my first property over 30 yrs ago and have been hearing the same crap every year. The fact is that it has NEVER been easy to get in the market. Ask your parents and grandparents and they will tell you the same. To get my first home, I sold my car and walked to the station to catch a train to work and now own several properties.

The problem with the younger generation is that they want it handed to them. They should STOP bitching and work for what they want.

There is a saying I have lived by for years - "If you don't have what you want, you have to do something you haven't done yet".

The younger generation really need to employ the 'GOYA" system - Get Off Your Arse... and please stop whining, make it happen as we have all had to do.
Post a reply