Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to succeed in an overlooked industry sector

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 24 Apr 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
​Mortgage brokers who want to diversify but do not care to jump onto the financial planning bandwagon have been told to look at another potentially lucrative opportunity
  • Coast Broker | 24 Apr 2014, 09:34 AM Agree 0
    That read like a paid advertisement, and professional bodies or publications representing the broking industry must not be seen to allign, support, encourage or nod in the general direction of property spruikers or property advisers or property planners (!) or other property sales persons no matter how many letters they have after their names. After all the industry generally will be criticised when a client is disadvantaged by a failed investment strategy. Next question is PI cover for your advice...........
  • Maurice | 24 Apr 2014, 10:03 AM Agree 0
    Thanks for the article. I'm one of those who really have no interest in Financial Planning but am very interested in property investing.

Unlike Coast Broker, I fail to see how ABO has aligned itself or is encouraging people in the general direction of PIPA certification.

The information is relevant to our industry and has offered 1 suggestion for Mortgage Brokers to expand their business.
  • Positive Broker | 24 Apr 2014, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Maurice, I get asked all the time to give property advice and of course politely decline. The article has prompted me to look into this option and with the right checks and balances it may be a viable diversification strategy.
Post a reply