Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'I feel so angry my eyes start to shake in my head'

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 19 Mar 2014, 08:29 AM Agree 0
A NSW broker who says she was duped out of $1,800 in a customer database scam warns a banned trail book dealer is still at it
  • Andrew | 19 Mar 2014, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    I lost $1500 in a similar scam to this guy back in 2009. I reported him to the MFAA at the time. I cant believe he is still getting around doing the same thing.
  • Dad from Shark Park | 19 Mar 2014, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    We all should ring this p@#$k office and spend 30 mins acting as potential clients to see if any books are available to buy, or offering to sell our books to him... Let him do all the running around and chasing, keep stringing him along and then down the track tell him to fark off!!!! He reminds of the guys who call home about a virus on my Microsoft computer and they would like to help me fix it... This bloke I think is the virus!!!
  • bill hailes | 19 Mar 2014, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    I had the same problem in different circumstances.

I threated to have this person charged with
    theft by deception and the money was paid back in 24 hours ?

• NJC | 19 Mar 2014, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    This is exactly who ASIC should be targeting. Didn't "Mark" just get a "slap on the wrist" last year by ASIC? He should be banned for life.
  • Aydn | 19 Mar 2014, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Everyone remember the name Mark Whittingham. This name has been getting the rounds for at least 3 years. Do not know why this guy is not in Jail.
  • Country Broker | 19 Mar 2014, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    If ASIC had any guts it would act immediately and get the police in each state involved and have this low life and his wife charged with fraud , as that is what it is !
  • Broker | 19 Mar 2014, 01:06 PM Agree 0
    Hello ASIC , Police Fraud Squad, isn't this guy the type that you are after.

I must also say that any Broker that has never heard of this guy, and does not conduct due diligence prior to handing over their hard earned cash, also need to get their heads out of their backsides
  • Don | 19 Mar 2014, 02:17 PM Agree 0
    This guy has been around since 2007 starting as lead generation. I did reported this to MFAA and it was a total waste of time. ASIC and Consumer Affairs are both aware of his low life but did nothing. There were also adverse history on CRRA on the same guy when I last checked. ASIC & CA are only good at stuff good things, they are not worth mentioning. MFAA should do something about it. Unfortunately there is only one thing I can describe them as: IRRELEVANTS to our industry.
  • Old joe | 19 Mar 2014, 06:54 PM Agree 0
    A fool and their money are easily parted....
  • John C | 20 Mar 2014, 02:15 AM Agree 0
    Does this character have you execute any form of agreement? If yes is it possible for someone to send a copy of this agreement he produces to me?
  • SteveL | 20 Mar 2014, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    I should think the tougher privacy laws released last week will sort this guy out once and for all.
  • Patrick McMenamin | 20 Mar 2014, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    Yes John C, I have a written agreement for an exclusive sale of a database. I am sure this is the same data Whittingham sells over and over again. I am seeking copies of data purchased by anyone else, as if the data is the same then we have have evidence of "conversion" being the sale of property to which you do not have title which is fraud.
    Please contact me at or 0411 471 547
Post a reply