Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Industry unites in final exit fee fight

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 09 Jun 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Leading mortgage brokers and non-banks have joined forces in a last ditch stand against the impending ban on exit fees
  • Chris | 08 Jun 2011, 03:42 PM Agree 0
    About time ALL united with this saga. May be too late though. Swan has already indicated he will not be changing his mind.
  • Ian Jervis - Paradime Home Finance | 08 Jun 2011, 04:45 PM Agree 0
    The hope that this action will be effective is built on the premise that Wayne Swan has common sense, given he hasn't demonstrated very much of it in recent years, this is a big ask. Still a worthwhile exercise though, just don't expect him to actually understand the logic.
  • sidbroker | 08 Jun 2011, 05:54 PM Agree 0
    How can anyone reason with someone like Swan. You would have to be ignorant to come up with the idea in the first place.
  • Shane in QLD | 09 Jun 2011, 02:03 PM Agree 0
    I find the one sided political bashing so very boring. Where were the fights by the MFAA against5 broker commissions being slashed, where was their fight until the fat lady sings over that issue. My business has been substantially effected by commission drops not exit fees. The toothless tiger simply jumps on a politcial bandwagon instead of the real issue, commission reductions.
Post a reply