Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

​Japan enters Aussie mortgage market with $500 million deal

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 26 Nov 2013, 07:51 AM Agree 0
One of Japan's largest banks has struck a landmark deal with a non-major Australian lender, paving the way for further overseas involvement in the home loan market.
  • BRILLIANT BROKERS | 26 Nov 2013, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    I have given AMP a try on several deals in the last five years and have less than a handful of clients with AMP loans. They have so many things going for them, but not enough to make it all hapen..... recently had a good experience with a Credit Manager, their SMSF accreditation was a joke and I don't feel confident they would do justice to an international lenders experience of what the Australian Property Maret has to offer - I'd love to see some of the other Major Asian Institutional Lenders enter this space - in the hope that the four majors (and their subs) will pick up their game.
  • Old Joe | 26 Nov 2013, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    AMP had some very sharp rates a few years ago however when the products switched to SVR in a few years they were ok but not exciting. This all sounds good , the only issue is unless they come up with something that is out there and unique why use them.
  • NoTimeLikeTheFuture | 26 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    I wish they would enter the LMI market instead.. i think there is easier money in LMI.

Just charge the rates on offer a month ago and collect..

The current collusive duopoly is offensive
  • L3nder | 28 Nov 2013, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    AMP tried it with Chase in the 80's, on it's own in the 90's and now with BOT it will be different because......????
Post a reply