Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Key factors influencing property valuations in 2012 revealed

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 14 Dec 2012, 05:00 AM Agree 0
Propell National Valuers have revealed this year's top ten list of factors influencing property valuations - and there have been some surprising changes
  • Ray Harper | 14 Dec 2012, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    Melbourne is the canary in the coalmine of Australian property, and it's one very sick yellow bird. Melbourne stock is building up alarmingly, and yet the builders just keep on building. There's a huge pipeline of units under construction and as they hit the market over the next 6-12 months we'll see a real estate bloodbath the likes of which have never been seen. Auction results in Melbourne have totally collapsed (see ) and FHBs have deserted the market. Unbelievably the spruikers are still out there saying it's a great time to buy (but when do they ever say anything else). Of course, when the extent of this crash becomes obvious, they'll be nowhere to be seen!
  • Nick | 17 Dec 2012, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    Ray, I believe you need to preface your argument by stating the type of property you are referring to. While I agree there is a greater supply of new high-rise apartments (and more to come), there is a shortage of established quality low-rise units and apartments in and around Melbourne. These properties are in significant demand and will not be affected by said oversupply of new CBD apartment stock.

Your undefined comment is no better than those made my the spruikers to which you refer. It is fear mongering to suggest that all properties perform the same.
Post a reply