Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Last major bank announces variable rate rises

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 23 Oct 2015, 02:40 PM Agree 0
The last of the four major banks has decided to increase variable rates on owner occupied and investment home loans
  • Brett Mansfield | 23 Oct 2015, 02:48 PM Agree 0
    And now the RBA can drop the cash rate by 25bps at the Nov meeting to stimulate business without being seen to fuel the housing market.
  • Damo of Adelaide | 23 Oct 2015, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    Finally, all 4 snouts in the trough.
  • Jg | 23 Oct 2015, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    What a joke they now have raise interest rates around the same amount. If the government does not think this mob do not collude on pricing then please get a grip. Watch this space as profits increase at the consumers expense and the government sits idly by and says shop around , maybe the government can pay the cost of discharging my mortgage and re establishing it as will the many other Australians who will pay discharge fees, plus registration fees etc. for that privilege through no fault of there own. Legalise robbers that is all banks are.
  • Broker | 23 Oct 2015, 03:58 PM Agree 0
    I'm getting so good at reading the banks form in this area, that I even picked the precise order that these increases were announced in after Westpac took their turn over being the first - rather pathetic isn't it?!
  • Joe Serra | 23 Oct 2015, 05:01 PM Agree 0
    No rocket science needed here. Let's just play follow the leader, shall we. The shareholders will be happy of course.
Post a reply