Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Leave brokers alone: Association calls for no new regs until 2016

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 18 Mar 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
In a submission to Treasury this month, the MFAA says it wants the government to hold off making any further changes to NCCP for at least three years
  • NoTimeLikeTheFuture | 18 Mar 2013, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    MFAA a waste of money eh?

Personally I prefer to have the MFAA representing me to Government.

Besides the banks nobody speaks better Canberran in our industry than MFAA. Nobody
  • Broker | 18 Mar 2013, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Why bother, have Treasury ever listened to anything that the MFAA has rasied before?
  • Lyn Turner | 18 Mar 2013, 04:14 PM Agree 0
    Once again - too little, too late. Unfortunately, Minister Shorten's idea of consultation is to have everyone spend masses of time and money making submissions non-stop for 2 years - so they can say they have "consulted" with industry - but without any intention of listening to anything the industry says.
  • Rex Wood | 19 Mar 2013, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    Grasping at razorblades?
    The writing is on the wall and has been for some years. The mortgage industry will follow the financial services industry and will end up under the same umbrella within a few years.
    That may be delayed a little or possibly win a staged implementation, but inevitable.
    Every mature jurisdiction around the world is following and in some instances overtaking Australian legislation [see MMR in the UK next year]. They are also up in arms, but it will happen.
    Change has bipartisan support and will happen.
    The question is how to catch and surf the wave rather than end up in the wash behind it.
Post a reply