Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lender competition boosts mortgage incentives, commissions

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 07 Jan 2014, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Declining market share has seen competition heat up between the majors, leading to greater incentives for brokers and their clients – as well as commission hikes.
  • ??? | 07 Jan 2014, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    Keep reading this stuff; but I haven't seen commission rates rising; in fact they are still at lower levels than 6 years ago pre-GFC - despite costs going up significantly for Brokers.
  • AW | 08 Jan 2014, 11:59 AM Agree 0
    I haven't seen commission rates rising either. Maybe more notice should be taken of the lenders' actual borrowing costs rather than using just the Cash Rate, especially since, and during, the GFC. I believe this is a major reason for lower spreads; it's certainly not the lining of brokers' pockets!
  • Harry Myers | 30 Apr 2014, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    If a lender wants more of my business they have to give me better service and pay me more. The first lender that stops micro-discounting to borrowers and starts looking after their brokers will have all the market share they need.
Post a reply